Friday, May 8, 2015

This Morning

I awoke with the certainty that I am worthy.

Despite all of my short comings. 
I have a weak body.
A jiggly belly.
An insatiable craving for salty foods.
I swear too much. I am not graceful.
I keep my mouth shut when I should speak up.
I have lied about my feelings.
I have lied about my intentions.
Kids make me irritated.
The idea of settling down makes me anxious (in a bad way).
I lose interest quickly.
I lose faith quickly.
I spent most of my young life pretending to be someone I am not.


However.
I am brave.
I am an excellent hugger.
When I smile, I mean it.
I love people.
I am a great cook.
The most I've ever spent on jeans is $40.
I am (can be) quick witted.
I help people get things from the top shelves.
Sunshine makes me goofy.
I will say yes to almost any adventure.
I don't mind being the driver or the DJ.
I am finally living a life as me.
And I am absolutely killing it.

I awoke this morning finally starting to believe... I am completely worthy of love. Friendship. Laughter. Success. Feelings. Passion. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment